When you look closely, is your company really teamless? Of course you have people at their desks who do their work, but are they galvanized into a team that is greater than the sum of its parts? Do they have momentum? Is the culture electric? Are they caught up in internal debates? The hard truth is that when cultures lose the magic of true teamwork, they begin to devolve into Teams of Extinction. The goal is to reverse this slide into mediocrity and to revitalize the culture so that it evolves into a Team of Distinction.
This kind of culture change is supported through highly impactful leadership development programs. A global manufacturing company called us when they had reorganized and needed their leaders to learn how to get results from their new matrixed teams. A Fortune 200 Oil & Gas company called us when they wanted to kick off their new week long management program with a highly engaging, hands on program that made their leaders thinking about how to lead, not manage. A high-tech hardware and software company called us when they needed their leaders to create a culture of accountability. In all these cases, we leveraged our decades of experience to provide practical and impactful programs that enabled the companies to transform their teams and culture.
In our interactive, hands-on leadership development programs, you’ll learn:
• The five elements that create an organization with swing: near perfect synchronicity driving to create exceptional results.
• How to create internal combustion, a fire in the hearts of your employees to excel, with one question.
• A 60 second speech you can use any time to give employees the same mission critical thinking that employees at NASA and Apple have.
• How to simply set an aspirational goal with your team, that will create pride of achievement and a determination to prevail over all expectations.
• What teams that are greater than the sum of their parts do every day, to be truly exceptional.
• A four step process Teams Of Distinction use to create accountability.
• What to do with employees who are sabotaging your teams’ best efforts.
• The most common roadblock to poor performance in virtual teams, and how to change it.
• How to eliminate a culture of fear by giving employees the confidence to deal with mistakes.
Co-Founders Antoine Gerschel and Lawrence Polsky. Since 2008 they and their firm have assisted 30,000+ leaders on 5 continents improve their performance on the job.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you achieve your goals.
We have trained thousands of leaders on 5 continents to sharpen their leadership skills. Our time tested materials support companies in changing their culture. High Performance Leadership, Leading Change, Conflict Resolution and Virtual Teaming are some of the programs that clients tell us make an impact in changing leaders behavior on the job.
At Teams of Distinction we know that people do not fit into systems or processes. Our philosophy is that Leaders Cannot Be Trained, They Must Be Developed. We pride ourselves on evaluating each client culture to create a tailored solution that will achieve long-term leadership excellence.
Our leadership development programs are hands-on and experiential. People learn through activities, assessments practice and case studies. “Hear it, try it, apply it” is our development motto. Knowing that people learn in different ways, we design our programs to address four types of learners:
Visual – Our slides and materials use a lot of graphics to engage visual learners. Videos are also used throughout our programs to either teach a point or spark conversation. We also employ activities where teams need to draw visuals to represent ideas being taught.
Aural – For learners who learn from listening, we present information succinctly and provide many opportunities in each program to discuss ideas, tools and challenges. This occurs in pairs, trios and small groups, as well as in the large group of the entire class.
Read/Write – We use various worksheets throughout our programs to engage learners who learn by writing. Also, all the techniques we teach are provided in a workbook to read and review.
Kinesthetic – Every program has several modules where participants are getting up and doing an experiential activity. Examples include a game like a ball toss, acting out a situation and walking around to read flipcharts posted on the walls.